Sunday, 29 June 2025

“To my 19-year-old self who burned out quietly.”


 

The Burnout No One Saw A Letter to My 19-Year-Old Self

At 19, I thought I had to be “fine” all the time.

I kept saying yes.
Kept pushing through.
Kept showing up  smiling, helping, performing.

But I was tired in a way sleep couldn’t fix.

No one noticed I was burned out… because I hid it well. I wore strength like a costume. I said “I’m okay” like it was a shield. And I thought needing rest made me weak.

💭 What I Know Now:

Burnout isn’t always loud. Sometimes it’s invisible.
It’s staying silent when your chest feels heavy.
It’s brushing your hair with shaking hands.
It’s showing up out of guilt instead of joy.

But rest? That isn’t quitting.
And softness? That isn’t weakness.
You are allowed to pause. Even when no one claps.

💬 A Soft Message to That Version of Me:

“You didn’t fail because you got tired.
You survived in silence  and that takes strength too.
But you don’t have to do it that way anymore.
Now, we choose peace over pressure.”

tell us about

“What part of me is asking for rest ,  but I keep ignoring it?”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the Girl Hiding Under the Covers: You’re Not Behind. You’re Healing.

  Some days, even getting out of bed feels impossible. The weight of the world is too much, your heart too full, your body too tired. And ...